The purpose of Top Clean:
Top Clean is a long-established high-quality product with great success in Europe because it is one of the few ground mat systems specifically designed for horses.
The purpose of creating the Top Clean mat is to ensure horses are able to exercise properly and practise their natural behaviour. For example, playing and rolling is not possible in muddy conditions.
Also Top Clean provides a secure footing for the horses and cleaning and maintenance tasks are simpler for the owner.
How does Top Clean work?
A unique precision moulded plastic ground mat designed specifically for horses.
- Designed for paddocks, feeding areas, turnout pens and trails (see gallery).
- Suitable for areas with a slope
- Easy to self install without arranging a sub-base
- Suitable for barefoot horses (and shod horses)
- Extremely stable and durable material
- Easy to clean (manually as well as by machinery when installed with sand footing)
- Designed to be used with sand (washed, clean/quarried sand)
- Size: 114 x 81 x 4,5 cm (0,92 sqm)
- Weight: 27 kg per mat
- Material: recycled plastic
- Not perforated giving a large surface area that won’t sink into the mud easily
How to install Top Clean:
TOP CLEAN is easy to self-install without a sub-base with little effort. We are able to provide installation instructions.
1. Remove a layer of the existing surface leaving a 1 to 2% slope for surface drainage.
2. Break up approx 5cm deep of the scraped topsoil.
3. Lay the mats with a 1-2cm gap in a masonry configuration (the mats should easily imprint into the loose surface).
4. Spread a sand footing over the mats (13 - 15kg of sand per mat to cover the surface).
If the area you are looking to cover is prone to being waterlogged or you expect to drive large tractors or vehicles over it we recommend installing a sub-base and membrane for longevity.
We have separate installation instructions for installing the product with a sub-base.
T & C's and Pricing
TOP CLEAN is priced and sold per mat (1 mat is equal to 0.92 sqm)
Free delivery to England and Wales (please contact us for shipping to Scotland or Islands).
Also please note:
- The mats will be delivered on pallets of either 20 or 40 mats per pallet.
- Your delivery destination needs to be suitable for a 7.5t or 18t lorry access.
£26.40 (inc VAT and delivery) per mat and discounts available for quantities above 120 mats.